With her explosive mix of pop, rock and fiery Latino spirit , Colombian singer Fatiniza burst onto the music scene in 2009. Even as a young girl in the city of Bucaramanga, music flowed through her veins – Fatiniza was constantly scribbling down lyrics and humming melodies, a talent that matured into her gift for penning a great track.
Released in 2010, Fatiniza’s debut album, Confusion, stormed into the charts both here in the UAE and in her native Colombia, entering the UAE’s Virgin music charts at number 7. Meanwhile, Out of Control, the first single from the album, reached number 23 on Colombia’s singles chart.
“Music is my life. Everything I do has a melody sewn into it and I just try to express this through my songs.”
As one of the region’s most popular international artists, Fatiniza has also opened for Corinne Bailey Rae at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, wowed the crowds at the Dubai Jazz Festival, and performed for His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, and His Highnes Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, as well as celebrities including Tiger Woods, and football giants AC Milan.
2012 was been a particularly busy year for Fatiniza: as well as being nominated yet again for Time Out’s Best Artist in Dubai, she also cleaned up at the prestigious Bite My Music Global Awards 2012 in Kuala Lumpur, the world’s biggest independent music awards, taking first place for ‘Best Female Act’ and first place for ‘Song of the Year’ with her debut single Out of Control.
MTV have featured Fatiniza’s singles including ‘Out of Control’, The One and currently ‘Life’s a Mess’.
On March 1st 2013 Fatiniza released her much-anticipated follow-up album Nothing is Impossible, after joining forces once more with producer Joshua F. Williams, who has worked with artists including Stevie Wonder, Akon, Fergie and Bruce Springsteen, as well as local talents Karl Wolf, Juliana Down and Gayathri. Legendary music producer David Kershenbaum also collaborated on the album and has worked with many talented artists such as Bryan Adams, Duran Duran and Tracy Chapman.
A strong believer in giving back, Fatiniza is Middle Eastern ambassador for marine conservation initiative 'Paddle for the Planet', which saw her headline a concert for the cause on World Environment Day, and release the Eco-conscious track Today, with all profits donated to Paddle for the Planet.
• Fatiniza entered in the Ahlan Dubai Hot 100
• Fatiniza crowned 'Best Female Artist 2012' BMM Global independent music awards
• 'Out of Control' wins 'Song of the Year 2012' BMM Global Independent music awards
• Debut Album heads straight into Virgin top 10 in UAE
• Acoustic Single of 'Out of Control' making top 25 in Colombia
• Time Out Dubai Nominations for Best Artist 2010, 2011 & 2012
• 3 Music Video rotated on MTV Arabia
• 3 Music Videos on rotation on Colombian Music TV Channels
• Radio play on radio stations in Colombia
• Fatiniza top 100 most influential International Colombians in the World
• Fatiniza top 5 most influential International Colombians in the Music World
• Fatiniza ranks in Top 10 Best Selling artists ever in the UAE